Monday, April 27, 2009

7 Days Left

The week before his would be first birthday has begun. I already feel it, the draining of energy out of every single atom in my body. I expect myself to be eating many donuts and gaining a few pounds this week but so be it.

In the past 10 mintues I've decided that every year the focus will be his "Would be X Birthday"...not "Will be his X 'death anniversary'". What is a 'Death Anniverary' anyways - anniversary's are happy supposed to be happy things so I've decided that there should be no such thing as a 'Death Anniversary'. But then agian, that's easier to say when the two are so close together. I can't speak for others now can I?

I just asked my boss for a day off this coming monday. At the same time I was thinking if I'm going to be recognizing Azlan's Birthday only then why do I need Monday off and the answer to that is simple. Because I want to. Unfortuanly my boss being the cartoon character that he is played out a whole could-have-been hillareous scenairo pretneding he woudln't give me the day off. But when I finally said 'It would have been Azlan's first birthday' he almost started crying. I feel worse for him at this moment then I do for myself.

First half of the first day of the week. I wonder what the rest of the week will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment